What should I do before I call the Office of the Child Advocate?
With every call, our office staff will ask for some basic information, which allows us to address the inquiry and to follow up with the caller. Some examples of information that we will ask for includes:
- Your contact information
- The full name of the mother of the child
- The name and birth date of the child that the call is concerning
- The individuals, programs, or agencies involved
- What your exact concerns are and whether or not you have taken other actions prior to calling the OCA?
- What outcomes you are seeking from our agency?
Please note that although we ask for your contact information it is merely to follow up with you after our investigation. We do not release the identity of the caller to any parties involved.